How about we take charge of this and go the extra mile... Plastic-Free.
July is the month to challenge yourself, your friends and your family to go plastic-free. The challenge has three sets of plastic-free living, only try your best and be an example to others.
- Avoiding single-use plastic packaging
- Avoiding takeaway items like straws, plastic cutlery, coffee cups, plastic bottled drinks and polystyrene containers.
- Go completely plastic-free
The community spans across 150 countries and more than 2 million people – and counting. This initiative was started in Australia and it should be carried out worldwide, in my opinion.
Here are some easy tips on how to give up plastics.
- Use material bags when grocery shopping.
- Buy a reusable water bottle, glass and metal ones are the best.
- Refuse straws, rather go without or purchase a cool bamboo or metal one. Chempac is a proud BBN member that supply all biodegradable items.
- If you are heading out for dinner, take a Tupperware for your leftovers instead of taking home a polystyrene container.
- Avoid using cling-wrap, zip-lock bags and other non-recyclable plastics.
- If you do use plastic, make sure it can be recycled.
Are you going to take up the challenge?
Email us your thoughts and ideas and we will gladly share it.